Installation and repair of gas lines requires knowledge, experience and compliance with the local codes and procedures. The experts from Carolina Plumbing Pros have provided residential gas line services for more than 15 years in the area of North Carolina and are well-known for their professionalism and high quality of service. Any type of gas related issue needs to be handled quickly and with caution and our technicians guarantee both. Call us at 704-288-4664 (ext. 104 afterhours emergencies) in case you need:
- Emergency gas leak detection and repair
- New installation of a gas line (supply gas piping from street to home)
- Installation of new home appliance that needs to be included in the gas line (barbeque grill, fireplace, dryer, generator, stove, water heater, pool heater, etc.)
- Gas line replacement
- Gas line maintenance
- Gas related consultation
Signs of having a gas leak at home
Gas leaks are a serious risk to your health and home, so you should call a professional as soon as you notice some of the following signs:
- Smell of gas – the unmistakable smell of rotten eggs is the first thing that should make you realize you have a problem with the gas lines.
- A hissing noise coming from the gas line – this can be a sign of existing opening in the line that needs to be taken care immediately.
- Change in the pipe temperature due to gas pressure dropping. Sometimes ice formations can be noticed.
- Inefficient or non-working gas appliances
Gas line leaks can be caused by tear or a scratch that results from high pressure, aging or corrosion, or a mechanical damage. Leaking gas can lead to asphyxiation or explosions. If you notice any of the above, you should act immediately.
What to do in case of a gas leak
The first thing to do after detecting a gas leak is to leave the building, making sure to get everyone else out with you. While inside, do not turn on or off any appliance or anything electrical or battery powered. Do not use your cell phone. Once you are out and safe, call 911 or your gas provider to shut off the gas. Leave the rest to us! We can detect any gas leak with special equipment and repair it in no time!
Preventing gas leaks
Maintenance is always cheaper than repairs and when it comes to your health, it’s even more important to prevent gas leaks from occurring. Carolina Plumbing Pros offers periodical inspection and maintenance to make sure the gas line has no cracks, corrosion or leaks. Give us a call before you decide to connect a new home appliance to the gas line or if you need to make any construction changes that might affect the gas line on your property.